Home Made Bruschetta
We had a coupon for a free bruschetta at BJ’s restaurant one time and loooovvveed it!!! We finally came up with a healthy recipe that satisfies the taste buds.;)
Warning: Unfortunately we don’t measure things all the time at our house, so you will have to do a lot of guesstimating and going with your own tastes on a lot of these ingredients!
- ~2-3 medium tomatoes, diced
- ~1/4 medium yellow onion, diced
- A few cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- ~3-4 t. red wine vinegar (to taste)
- ~3-4 t. balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ~1/2-1 t. fresh chives
- Large sprinkle of parmesan cheese (optional)
We mix all of the ingredients and then let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 min. before serving. The flavor improves with age in the fridge. We serve it with lightly oiled bread that has parmesan cheese broiled on top.