About two or three years ago I made this bag and it didn’t turn out how I imagined it would, so I set it aside for awhile. Later that year I tried to fix it up with a little embroidery and was very pleased with the result, and decided to give it to Mommy for her birthday that year. The pattern for the bag can be found here.
I added the button and flap to keep the bag closed better, and I also made the cover on the button. For the button cover I just knit a (mostly) round piece in stockinette, placed it on the button and flipped it over, and then sort of gathered all of the outer sides by sewing the outer edges and then pulling them together like you would for the top of a hat. Hope that made sense!